First, a big 'ol shout-out to all of my new blogging friends! I can't tell you how much I appreciate your encouragement, support, shout-outs for me on your blogs, help, YOU NAME IT! You have made this fun for me! I didn't think anyone would find me, but I have been blessed by you all in your friendliness. In thinking about the generosity of your time with me, and the wonderful blog giveaways, I would like to do a giveaway when I reach 50 members. Stay tuned...
Now, on with the show...
What to do, what to do...
Okay, so I found these copper cups in a drawer. I originally intended them to be votives. I bought a whole bunch. Too many. Ooops, hoarding alert! SO, I am using them to make little pincushion thing-a-ma-jigs. I have a couple different versions of the base. Which ones do you like? Which ones need a little somethin' somethin', or do you have other suggestions as to how to "primitivefy" (Yes. I made up the word. Shhh. Don't let my students know!) them?
Look at the votive I did! I used the old trusty "Modgepodge and Coffee" technique. I think I need to buy stock in Modgepodge. Really. All set with coffee... It definitely will have a prim look sitting in the black iron votive holder behind it! It has a new lease on life! Yea!
Okay, and this box-thingy. Gonna paint it black (shocking) and put some prim bowls in it. What do you think? I know, the stamping isn't very prim. But! It was from my cutesy country days. You know, when I swore I would never be interested in the extreme prim.
- Entering Giveaways! How fun! Check out my new tab on the left side of my blog. I am listing sites that are having giveaways so that you can check them out! Lots of talent out there! If I missed yours, please send me a link, and I will add it! I have added Cindi's Country Corner, The Rusty Thimble and Seasons of My Mind.The Rusty Thimble also has a Facebook giveaway. Don't forget about Salmon Falls Prims.
- Thrift Shop scouring. I have to wait until I wake up from the Benadryl a bit...
- Going to our local craft warehouse to get make-up. YES. You heard me right. The warehouse has a bath and body boutique. Seriously! They carry "Bare Minerals" make-up. AND, I have a store rewards coupon for $10 off! Another "Woooooohooooo!"
- Crafts. Don't know what. Grunging is involved.
- Taking something I sold on eBay to the post office. Yea! I made a little profit! No, it wasn't the pin cushion. :( You know, I must say. My Post Lady is so nice! She has been helping me to sort out the new world of "SHIPPING".
- Taking as much Benadryl. Sheesh. I did have some fun buying though... Wooohoo!
- Getting an early start on said activities because I am still here talking to y'all! It's ALL good, though!
- Waking up from my coffee...*YAWN*
Coffee Talk for Today: Well, if you could recommend some solutions to my crafting issues, that would be great! Otherwise, what would you like to chat about?
|Cindi's Country Corner Giveaway|
|The Rusty Thimble Giveaway|
|Seasons of My Mind Giveaway|
|Salmon Falls Prims Giveaway|