Hi, How'dy, How are ya?

Welcome to "The Country Schoolmarm"! Get yourself a cup of coffee (I take mine strong with vanilla creamer), grab a seat, and chat a while! Isn't that what country friends do? Now, all we need is a porch...

Thursday, August 23, 2012

It's a Beautiful Day in the Bloggerhood...

Okay, so here is the run down from yesterday of what I did in-between working on my class newsletter(Which I MUST finish today!!!)


     I painted the lantern.  Hubby would not let me paint it black, so I grunged it (there are some black splotches...  heheee).  I used Gesso to build up areas  of "gunk"- a always like that look on prim furniture.  It's like it got a little grimy and someone painted over.  The gesso soaked up the brown wash more that the rest of the wood- awesome!!!  Then, I mushed and rubbed in some cinnamon and Modgepodge to further darken the grimy areas.  The picture doesn't really show the grime as well. It is a darker brown.


     Next, I started my baggies and finished my dolls.  I need to finish the bags and stain everything.  I don't know why the one doll has a big head.  Maybe it is vanity...

     My eBay packages are ready to be mailed.  I fit the large order carefully into two packages.  Pray that they all arrive safely.  One lady ordered fabric about a week ago.  I mailed it within the 3 day processing time that I show on my listing.  She also got free shipping that was parcel post.  She has not gotten it yet and seems a bit discontent.  However, it is WELL within the range of the delivery time frame- 8/21-8/29.  Please pray that it arrives soon.  I am so afraid of poor feedback and letting people down. :(
     I grunged a can and ball jar.  Now, I did mostly cinnamon.  I did put quite a bit of modgepodge, but I like the "dusty" look.  However, I don't want cinnamon sprinkling everywhere.  It seems that most of it is staying on.  Does anyone have a recommendation as to how to keep it on there better without losing the dusty look?

Bailey was good support through out the day in getting things done.  But, at 12 am, she gave in to comfyness and sleep.  I had to carry her to bed later...  My little baby!
  

Blessings to you all!
Heather

Coffee Talk for Today:
How are you all doing?  What can we pray for in your life?

11 comments:

  1. Hi Heather! First of all let me say 'thank you' for posting a photo of yourself, now I have a face to go with the prayer requests and you do look like the fun loving person I know you to be!!

    You've worked wonders grubbying up the lantern and the candle jar and tin - my tip for the dusty look which works a treat for me is - just don't dust!!!!
    Hope you have all things educational sorted and you get a gold star on your forehead!
    Best wishes
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and Heather, I'd appreciate your prayers for my father's health and that the Lord will give him grace to bear it.
    Than you so much, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. “When I thought, “My foot slips,” your steadfast love, O LORD, held me up. When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul.” Psalm 94:18-19

      This is the verse of the day on Bible Gateway. I thought it was a good one for you right now...

      Delete
  3. I hate pictures of myself. That is one thing I hate about Facebook, my students tag me in photos, and they are not always the most flattering. I felt like I should post a picture because I know I like seeing what all of you look like! :)

    Gold Stars don't stick to my forehead because of my makeup. Students have stuck them on me. Plop! Off they come! LOL!

    I am all for not dusting!!! :) I like your tip!!!

    I will certainly pray for your father! I will pray for you as well! I posted it on the prayer board as well.

    Well,I am sure by now, it is bedtime for you!

    Take care and good night, dear friend...

    Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the dolls and dity bags! Ah yes, Facebook tags. My mother posted a very unflattering video of me on my birthday running from children who were spraying me with icky wet colored string and I was making the most disgusting facial expressions. I'm very particular about my photos so I was mortified to say the least but oh well! Again those dolls are precious.
    ~Christina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christina,
    Thank you for the feedback on the dolls and bags! The one doll still cracks me up with her big head.

    Yeah. I always look like I am yelling at someone or I have the distorted facial expressions too. Seriously, can't anyone tag something flattering?

    Ewwwww... Icky wet string. You poor girl...

    So, how are things with you, Christina?

    Blessings,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Friend
    I love the photo of you too.
    I now know what my new Friend looks like. :)
    I love the lantern and dolls. Especially the big headed one.
    Sadly I think it me..lol I have a hard time finding hats to fit.
    Please pray for my friend Kathy and her dad. She just lost her mom unexpectedly.
    Joy in HIM
    Trace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Friend!
      Now you have a picture to go with all of the star stickin', crazy teacher stories your gonna hear.

      You WOULD like the big headed doll. I could sense that about you... Yes, she can't wear hats. She's got to stick to babushkas. They are a little more flexible. But, if vanity comes into play, she gets a time out in my sewing basket!

      I am praying for your friend! I added them to the prayer request list as well! All of these prayers for parents really puts on my heart to pray more for my own parents. I dearly cherish them...

      I hope your day is a good one!!!!!! I will talk to you soon!

      Blessings and love,
      Heather

      Delete
  7. Looks like you make things that I like! Love the can and jar....all grungy! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea for grungy!!!! Thank you for following and your nice compliment! I am so glad to meet you, friend! I looked at your lists of favorites! I see we have a lot in common! I look forward to getting to know you more! Have a wonderful weekend as well!

      Blessings!
      Heather

      Delete
  8. I love your photo, too...you are very beautiful and have a wonderful smile!

    ReplyDelete

"Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones." - Proverbs 16:24

Let's chat! Thank you for sharing your thoughts and ideas!