Hi, How'dy, How are ya?

Welcome to "The Country Schoolmarm"! Get yourself a cup of coffee (I take mine strong with vanilla creamer), grab a seat, and chat a while! Isn't that what country friends do? Now, all we need is a porch...

Sunday, August 26, 2012

A Doxology...

Doxology (n)- An expression of praise to God... 
I have always loved this Doxology! My Pastor closes each service with it. I found this towel at an antique store. It is a sweet, vintage stitchery that someone, who must have also had an affinity for this verse, lovingly created.  
     The disheartening thing was that the price of this handiwork with its precious words was only a dollar.  It is sad that such valuable words are seemingly worth so little today.  But I am reminded by a verse:  
"All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work."

II Timothy 3:16-17
     Yes, these words are profitable.  Not in the monetary profit it brought to the seller, but by its words and the profit it brings to us by being fully equipped servants of Christ.

Have a blessed Sunday!
Love,
Heather

4 comments:

  1. Happy Sunday. I'm feeling God's blessings and peace today and wanted to thank you for your kind comments during the loss of our dog Rosie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the least I could do! God created a special bond between humans and pets, particularly dogs... I hope you continually feel more peace, and you will continually be in my prayers!

      Blessings and love to you, Friend!

      Heather

      Delete
  2. Good morning Heather, aw yes a good lesson as to what is valuable in our lives! Thank you for sharing. Have a great Sunday!
    Be blessed,
    Cindi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindi,
      How are you? Hope your day has been a day of rest!

      Thank you! You have a great Sunday as well! I am thinking of using it as a starter for my class on the first day in talking about the value of God and His Word in our lives. I was thinking adding about the material itself isn't valuable but God's Word written on it. What do you think? This is for my class that I am concerned about- pleasers of men, not God... Hmmmm. First day is getting closer!

      Blessings and love!
      Heather

      Delete

"Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones." - Proverbs 16:24

Let's chat! Thank you for sharing your thoughts and ideas!