Hi, How'dy, How are ya?

Welcome to "The Country Schoolmarm"! Get yourself a cup of coffee (I take mine strong with vanilla creamer), grab a seat, and chat a while! Isn't that what country friends do? Now, all we need is a porch...

Monday, September 24, 2012

Reading, Writing, and 'Rithmetic...

     So, I don't know if you have ever heard of or played the games "Appleletters" or "Bananagrams"- think "Scrabble" without the board.  Well, some of my boys asked if they could use all of the letters for a surprise.  They were working so diligently, I didn't have the heart to say "no". There was a lot of whispering and directing going on.  Finally, the surprise was revealed- the first board is all of our vocabulary words.  The second one (done today) is a part of our memory verse.  I did have to laugh because I found out that they were using permanent marker to make the letters they absolutely couldn't find.  I said that I would prefer them not to use those markers, but that I had other markers they could use.  The one boy said, "It's okay.  This marker will come off."  I had to wonder.  What did he think, "permanent" meant? LOL!



3 comments:

  1. Oh how I just have to laugh :0) My older daughter used black sharpie markers to do math problems on our new porch posts and A/C unit when we were building our home, she was 5. She did scrub alot and it did come off the A/C unit :0) That is very creative of your kids, LOL!
    ~The Olde Willow~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to give them an A for creativity! Good job boys!
    Be blessed,
    Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a homeschooling mom, I giggled at this post!

    ReplyDelete

"Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones." - Proverbs 16:24

Let's chat! Thank you for sharing your thoughts and ideas!