Hi, How'dy, How are ya?

Welcome to "The Country Schoolmarm"! Get yourself a cup of coffee (I take mine strong with vanilla creamer), grab a seat, and chat a while! Isn't that what country friends do? Now, all we need is a porch...

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Good Morning...



Morning
By Charles Spurgeon
"From me is thy fruit found."
-Hosea 14:8

      Our fruit is found from our God as to union. The fruit of the branch is directly traceable to the root. Sever the connection, the branch dies, and no fruit is produced. By virtue of our union with Christ we bring forth fruit. Every bunch of grapes has been first in the root, it has passed through the stem, and flowed through the sap vessels, and fashioned itself externally into fruit, but it was first in the stem; so also every good work was first in Christ, and then is brought forth in us. O Christian, prize this precious union to Christ; for it must be the source of all the fruitfulness which thou canst hope to know. If thou wert not joined to Jesus Christ, thou wouldst be a barren bough indeed.
     Our fruit comes from God as to spiritual providence. When the dew-drops fall from heaven, when the cloud looks down from on high, and is about to distil its liquid treasure, when the bright sun swells the berries of the cluster, each heavenly boon may whisper to the tree and say, "From me is thy fruit found." The fruit owes much to the root--that is essential to fruitfulness--but it owes very much also to external influences. How much we owe to God's grace-providence! in which he provides us constantly with quickening, teaching, consolation, strength, or whatever else we want. To this we owe our all of usefulness or virtue.
     Our fruit comes from God as to wise husbandry. The gardener's sharp-edged knife promotes the fruitfulness of the tree, by thinning the clusters, and by cutting off superfluous shoots. So is it, Christian, with that pruning which the Lord gives to thee. "My Father is the husbandman. Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away; and every branch that beareth fruit he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit." Since our God is the author of our spiritual graces, let us give to him all the glory of our salvation.

4 comments:

  1. Such an appropriate reading from Spurgeon today, Heather! I loved it! Love the pics you've included!
    The last one of the stone barn is very like an Irish one I had to check!
    Hope you have a relaxing weekend.
    We've been out in the sunshine today enjoying the countryside around us.

    God bless
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw your pictures! Beautiful! I would have liked to see all of that! Our weather was just awful yesterday! Bad storms and threats of tornadoes. But today? Today is cool and fall-like and gorgeous! I have to go bake a pie for church! So, I am feeling the Fall...

      Oh, the building is one I pass every day going to and from school. It is in a town called Morgantown, not far from the prim shop "The Blue Snickle" that others talked about earlier in the summer. I love it! The day after I took the picture, the porch fell off! :S I love that building- especially when the cows are around it. So, now, I will think myself transported to Ireland temporarily when I pass it!

      Have a wonderful Sunday!

      Blessings, Friend!
      Heather

      Delete
  2. Awesome post Heather! Thank you for sharing!
    Be blessed,
    Cindi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, My Dear! Have a beautiful Sunday!!!

      Blessings, Friend!
      Heather

      Delete

"Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones." - Proverbs 16:24

Let's chat! Thank you for sharing your thoughts and ideas!