Hi, How'dy, How are ya?

Welcome to "The Country Schoolmarm"! Get yourself a cup of coffee (I take mine strong with vanilla creamer), grab a seat, and chat a while! Isn't that what country friends do? Now, all we need is a porch...

Friday, August 30, 2013

Okay, so, well, hmmmm...

We are half-way there! 

Our goal is to thin out and create a Buttery or Butt'ry.  Some decorating tips were given at the beginning which I think are a good reminder- groupings of 3, 5, or 7.  Keep your greatest focus at eye-level.  Well, these shelves are at eye-level, so we need to draw the eye here.  Here are some suggestions and ideas so far:
  • Add a central pumpkin and some Ball jars
  • Make the penny rug more visible
  • Add some bittersweet

Okay, what else can we come up with?

A few reminders...
  • The top shelf post is closed, so no more bonus points for that.  
  • This post and the post "Coffee Talk- Talk Amongst Yourselves..." are still available for bonus points.  Whether you post on this one or that one, it equals one bonus point.  
  • You can give lots of suggestions, but you only get one bonus point per post.  
  • This "chatting and brainstorming" post will end TONIGHT at MIDNIGHT.  I will then put your ideas into some choices, and you will get a chance to vote.  

Everyone did a fabulous job on the top of the hutch!  I love it!!!  I just need to get some small rice lights for the top (Thank you for the idea, Dianntha!)!

So, you are entering this giveaway and earning bonus points, so what's being given away.  Hmmmm... Hints... Pie... Pin Keep... Pumpkin... and other little treasures!  I will give you a peep at it on Saturday!

So, that concludes this little reminder... Now back to your regularly scheduled activities, all ready in progress! Me?  I have to make curtains for my classroom... ;)

 


Well, gee!  I don't know, do you?


Love and Hugs!
The Marm

3 comments:

  1. Cannot wait to see what you do. A buttery! Wow, I am happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Sunshine! I love your baskets and hope that they can be a nesting place for some of your buttery things! LOL I can't wait to win....oops I mean see the finished project! LOL Have a GREAT day!
    Be blessed,
    Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww me so excited too :)
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete

"Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones." - Proverbs 16:24

Let's chat! Thank you for sharing your thoughts and ideas!