Okay, so I thought we'd work on the top specifically. Here is what I learned from your advice:
- LESS STUFF! Large objects for the top.
- Crocks, baskets, and some seasonal decor.
- Work in groups of 3,5, or 7 (that is what my mom said too).
- Crocks (in a group of three) in the middle with baskets or gourds to the side.
- Two large baskets to one side and one large one to the other.
- Different heights and thicknesses of objects.
- Lots of crocks in a grouping.
Here is the "Shopping List". I tried to include some things you mentioned:
Other Things to Give Height or Interest...
So! Now what? Here are my attempts to put your ideas into action... I apologize, well, you see which ones you think I should apologize for! I do apologize for the quality of the pictures. I was trying to hold the hanging light out of the way while taking the picture with my iPod... Smooth...
Idea 10: (Late entry- great help from a very sweet Ohio Farmgirl!)
Idea.... ???This post will close at Midnight (PST) on Tuesday. So give ideas, adds, subtracts, replaces, "yea's" or "nay's", and then I will finalize the top and close this post. So make your thoughts known by then to get your extra credit. If you are new, please let me know that you want to be entered. If you want extra credit, feel free to comment. Refer back to the first post here for the horrifyingly long list of rules and hoops for you to jump through because that is the mean-spirited teacher I am! Muuuhhhaahaaahaaaa!