Hi, How'dy, How are ya?

Welcome to "The Country Schoolmarm"! Get yourself a cup of coffee (I take mine strong with vanilla creamer), grab a seat, and chat a while! Isn't that what country friends do? Now, all we need is a porch...

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Whatchadoin'?

So this is my second post, yes, I know.  But this one is "The Home Edition". So, well, not "The School Edition".  I am no longer "Mrs. Wise".  I am Heather.  Sitting on a couch.  Drinking coffee. And enjoying a fake fireplace.  Truly. OH, and eating peach bread from Shady Maple Farm Market (I live 10 minutes from there...).



Mmmmmm. Gingerbread scented candle. Okay.  Wait.  I need to go heat up my coffee.  Again.


 
My "fake fireplace"!!!  Sounds real with surround sound!  I told you, Trace...

 
The owl is staying at home, staring people down as they come up the stairs.  The scarecrow is going to school.  They are both eBay purchases from the same seller. $5 a piece!  I thought that it was a good bargain for homemade items! I thought the scarecrow would be cute for the classroom.  I don't like to do seasonal bulletin boards.  I like mine to be subject oriented.  But, I do like putting little decorations around the room to make it homey.  Fall and Christmas are my favorites for decorating!

 
I got this kitty on eBay as well.  This lady is such a wonderful testimony through eBay and so creative.  She has a story behind every cat she makes.  My cat's name is "Sam".  He has an addiction to chili.  The story is all about his renovations to his house, and his addiction to making and consuming chili. It is hilarious!  I love the part about eating antacids like they were candy!  Each cat has a different, charming story and is different in its design.  I was loving just going through and reading the stories.  When you get a cat, you get the story printed on parchment paper.  I think she should put them all together in a book!  She also takes the time to write a note BY HAND to tell you about the cat's journey to your house and then ends with sharing God's love and truth.  I was just really was amazed by the time and effort she put into each buyers purchase experience.  You could really tell she enjoyed what she did!
You have to check her out- Alnalex

God has really been gracious in eBay sales this month.  I did stay true to my word and get rid of items to make room for my cat, crow, and apples. It feels good to pass on items that are just sitting or kept in a cabinet. The rest is going toward getting my husband a new iPod since he dropped his (It had also gone through the wash this summer.  Yea for rice!!!).  It is hard to surprise someone when they handle the finances- "Uh, Honey. What is this payment to Apple?" "Surprise."  So, hopefully this will be a surprise.  Don't ya'll tell!

Ahh!  My crow!  I was so excited to be able to purchase a crow from Wendy at Ravenwood Whimzies!  He is perfect for the fall decor.  I told her about my crow friend, Winston, from school (He is in the previous post).  Guess what his tag says?  Winston!  So sweet!

 
I am addicted to Granny Trace's apples! They are such cozy bowl fillers.  I just love the texture and patterns of wool. I will have to show you all of my husband's grandmother's pinkeeps that she made.  I think you will see why I have a great affection for Woolie Apples...

 
So, I have been working on my pinkeeps.  The one is my own design, I guess.  It is a pie in a vintage tin.  It is onsaburg fabric with cheese cloth "crust" along the edges.  For the one, I am only going to slightly tea stain ( Steve said to just do them both lightly.  Never!  I can't!  I am a prim gal!).  The other, well, let's just say "well done".  The other others are just cute fabric in various vintage containers with vintage buttons.  I will take better pictures when I am really done.  I will also have questions for finishing them, but I will save that for a later post.

 
You know the house is cold when you have to keep reheating your coffee every 15 minutes.  It is that part of Fall where you don't have to use the air conditioner, but you really don't want to use heat to save money on the electric bill.  So, blankets and warm puppies (We have another puppy visiting.  My coworker, Anne, has a dog named Lexi.  She is visiting.  She is a true lap dog.  And laptop dog.  I will try to take pictures to explain later...).

Okay, so this coffee container has always intrigued me.  Why is there a period after 'coffee'?  The only thing I can think of is to make a statement, "COFFEE". Like you NEED to drink me.  NOW.  I don't know.  What are your thoughts?

That's it for this weekend!
Thank you for stopping by!

The Teach.  Ooops. Heather

Have a blessed weekend!

19 comments:

  1. Hi Heather,I love your ebay purchases,the cat/ story Lady sounds wonderful,I'm going to follow your link and have a read :-)Happy weekend,love julieXxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously, Julie! I don't even have a fondness for cats! I am a dog person. (Well, it is because I am allergic to cats, not because of a lack of cuteness on their part...) I just cracked up with the stories! What fun it sounds to create something and give it life through a story. That cat on my table won't just be a decoration. It is Sam. The cat with a chili issue!

      You have a great weekend as well! Let me know what you think about the stories!

      Love and Hugs Back!
      Heather

      Delete
  2. Hi Heather.. Your ebay purchases are lovely.. I have not bought anything that way yet.. Can you imagine being so behind the times.. grin..
    Glad you are enjoying your coffee.. Love mine, too..
    Blessings..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Faye!!!
      How have you been? Yes, I can imagine being behind the times. I did not have an eBay account until a few years ago (Yes. I did make up for lost time...). I sometimes think it was not the best decision, but I think I am reversing it by getting rid of items. My first experience was bad. I didn't understand the bidding part (This part shows you that my husband loves me...). So, I wanted a yellow ware bowl. They are soooo expensive in antique stores. I saw some nice ones on eBay. So, I bid. No one bid on the item until the last second. I lost. I was so sad. So Steve told me to put the most you are willing to pay and then stop. So I did that to not just one bowl, but three. I thought I would get outbid on all of them, but I thought maybe I would get just one. Nope. Got all three. Steve asked me if I finally got a bowl. I had to admit that I got three. He laughed, but he had to do some tutoring with me on the fine art of bidding. I have gotten some really good deals. I have also met some really nice people through it too! Who knew? But, I would have the highest regard for you if you didn't want to go on eBay. It can get you into trouble... ;)

      So, what kind of coffee are you drinking. I am going to start a second cup to get a little more wind to finish my cleaning. I am taking a break now! Thank you for that! :) I think I am going to put an Italian Roast in the Keurig...

      Blessings to you, Friend!!!!
      Heather

      Delete
  3. Thanks for stopping by. I had a great day of sales at the shop today but so nice to be home and cosy with my family! Love all your decorations...I need to get started on a new project. Dianntha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dianntha,
      I am still thinking about the chili and pie! I am so glad you had a great day of sales! Sounds like a good day all around! I look forward to seeing your new project! I am enjoying making pinkeeps. I am struggling to figure out the best way to keep them/ or not keep them in their containers. Ugh. If that even makes sense!

      Thank YOU for stopping by! I do need to visit Ohio sometime! I see and hear about so many lovely shops there!

      Blessings!
      Heather

      Delete
  4. Hi Heather,I love your ebay purchases..
    the cat is so cuteeeeeee and story Lady sounds wonderful...
    Happy weekend..
    love u cucki xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cucki,
      I thought of you with that cat! The stories are just so fun. She keeps putting up more eBay cats. I am not getting another one, but I want to keep reading the stories!

      You have a wonderful weekend too, dear!

      Love ya back!
      Heather

      Delete
  5. I always love you r fun posts Heather!
    Your classroom must be
    fun to be in all decorated
    and homey. Happy ebay shopping.
    Blessings ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sara,
      You are too sweet! That is very kind of you. I like the classroom to be fun for the students- I want it to be a safe place to learn. I learn better when I am relaxed! But truthfully, I am there a lot of hours. I want to feel comfortable too. So, really it is a little selfish I guess!

      I really like the mustard side of your sign, Sara. Did you choose yet? I am loving the mustard in general. Your house looks wonderful!!!! I looked on your Etsy site, where is the sign that looks like a cutting board that says "Our Daily Bread"? That is fabulous!

      The Jeremiah 29:11 verse popped up as the daily verse for Bible Gateway. It made me think of you! Love my sign!

      Thanks for dropping by, Sara!

      Blessings!
      Heather

      Delete
  6. Yes it really was a wonderful cozy fall day here in PA.I went to gated community yard sale early though and my nose and toes were froze..Yes puppies perfect feet warmers..smile...Love your new goodies.Warm Blessings!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy,
      It sure is. It warmed up a bit in the afternoon, so I opened my windows to air it out a bit. That didn't last long!

      That sounds like a fun yard sale! Did you find anything fun?

      Warm blessings to you, my PA friend! Stay warm tonight! Oh, and check out the stars! They were soooo bright this morning!

      Heather

      Delete
  7. Enjoyed your post and seeing your treasures! The best thing about going to bed at night is waking up and having coffee! Enjoy your evening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coffee-AMEN!!!!

      Have a wonderful day, Jody!!!!!

      Blessings,
      Heather

      Delete
  8. Heather nice ebay purchases and I am am so happy you are having good sales too. The pinkeeps are going to be so sweet! Have a very blessed SONday!
    Cindi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindi,
      Cindi,
      You have a blessed SONday as well! I like that!

      Thank you about the sales. I am grateful for God's blessing in that!

      And the pinkeeps, I will be seeking some advice and feedback as I finish them... I will be "calling'" you up for thoughts... :)

      Blessings and Hugs,
      Heather

      Delete
  9. Oh Teach!!
    What happened to my comment?
    I posted here but its not here. :(
    I love those pin keeps. SO CUTE!!
    Hope you are having a good week.
    Thinking of you.
    I have been having blogger problems all week.

    HUGS
    Trace


    www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, My dear! :)
      Wow! Christine posted her blogger is giving her issues. I have been thinking of you too, friend! I didn't see a comment from you from before, and you know that I didn't delete it! Um, the week, yeah. That's gonna need a post to talk about it. Here is the quick review:

      Monday- kids came in grouchy and apparently all knowledge of our routines and manners had been erased over the weekend.

      Tuesday- (Picture Day- I HATE picture day) Last night, I was so stressed about MOnday that I bit my tongue in my sleep. I must have pinched a nerve too because my legs and arms are tingly. I had a migraine, came home and Steve had a migraine, and then the dog barfed on the rug. Oh my! Oh, and two kids hurt themselves in the last 20 minutes of school and were crying. One bent his hand back and the other scratched his eye yesterday (now he tells me) and his eye really hurts. Oh my poor pumpkins!

      BUT here's the praise that washes it all away- In chapel today, while the school was singing "Amazing Grace", I looked at the 150 students God had blessed us with, a new middle school (first year!!!!) and was overwhelmed by God's grace and power in our school and how much HE has done. 2 years ago, our enrollment plummeted to an all time low of 60 students. We weren't sure we would have jobs. We realized how our focus was off of God's power and on us and what WE were doing. God brought us low so we could see His power! That wipes away millions of bad days!

      I will type more later! I just didn't want you to think I wasn't responding. My arms are really tingling, so, well I don't know what to do about them. Typing is making it worse, maybe it is the angle?

      Hope you are doing well! I am praying for you!!!!!!

      Love and a HHHUUUUUUGGGGEEEEE hug back!!!!!
      Heather

      Delete
  10. Praying the tingles went away.
    HUGS

    ReplyDelete

"Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones." - Proverbs 16:24

Let's chat! Thank you for sharing your thoughts and ideas!