Okay, commercial break. If I don't make sense during the course of this conversation, it is because my husband is watching the Steelers' game and is YELLING! Okay. Back to the program...
SO, I thought about how the coffee cake cup thingy was made, and well, I thought that maybe I could make banana bread in a cup. Here is what I came up with. I am not a cook. I make good homemade apple pie. That's it. So, I will not be offended if you don't care for it or adjust it. You don't need to comment if you hate it. Really. BUT, if you have some ideas for it, comment away. All right, all right- here is what I did:
Banana Bread in a Cup
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 2 tablespoons of sugar (Sugar in the Raw gives it a nice texture)
- A ripe banana that no one will eat (I took a little piece out because it was a little brown. You may need to add more flour for a bigger banana)
- 2/3 cup of flour (I threw a little oat bran in it to make myself feel not as guilty.)
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla (I never measure this. So what if you put more in?)
- Cinnamon to taste (Oh, I like the taste. I will not share how much I put in. It is best you don't know.)
- Chocolate chips (I like semi-sweet. Put in as much as you want, but be aware, it may become too chocolatey. Heh. That's so untrue.)
- A biggish mug
Put the tablespoon of butter in the mug and then into the microwave for about 5 seconds to soften it. Dump in the sugar. Cream it together with a fork right in the mug (EVERYTHING is done in the mug! Less mess!). Break up the ripe banana and throw it in the mug. Mash and mix the banana with your fork. Then, add the rest of the ingredients, right in order. Mix well.
Put it in the microwave for about 1 minute and 20 seconds (You may need to adjust this according to your microwave. You want it to be fluffy cakey, not rubber chickeny). I break it up with a fork so it will cool faster. That means you can eat it faster. You don't want to eat it cold though.
Well, that is it. I don't think I forgot anything. Hmmm. I think I am going to make some right now. I need to check my directions. Just to make sure. Truly.
I will post more later about decor, thrift shopping, and my pinkeep journey. I have 11 made! :)
Have a wonderful evening, all of you!!!!
Love and Blessings!