Hi, How'dy, How are ya?

Welcome to "The Country Schoolmarm"! Get yourself a cup of coffee (I take mine strong with vanilla creamer), grab a seat, and chat a while! Isn't that what country friends do? Now, all we need is a porch...

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Okay, So...

     I was hankering something sweet today.  I know I am a "Coffee Cake in a Cup" addict.  Well, I had this poor, lonely, beat-up banana that I took to school on Friday and never got around to eating.  Those last bananas always get too ripe, and no one wants to touch them.  I hate to waste them, but I don't feel making banana bread and dragging out bowls and making a mess (I am not THAT worried about wasting them). Plus, one little banana  does not make bread.

     Okay, commercial break.  If I don't make sense during the course of this conversation, it is because my husband is watching the Steelers' game and is YELLING! Okay.  Back to the program...

     SO, I thought about how the coffee cake cup thingy was made, and well, I thought that maybe I could make banana bread in a cup.  Here is what I came up with.  I am not a cook.  I make good homemade apple pie.  That's it.  So, I will not be offended if you don't care for it or adjust it.  You don't need to comment if you hate it.  Really.  BUT, if you have some ideas for it, comment away.  All right, all right- here is what I did:


Banana Bread in a Cup

  • 1 tablespoon of butter
  • 2 tablespoons of sugar (Sugar in the Raw gives it a nice texture)
  • A ripe banana that no one will eat (I took a little piece out because it was a little brown.  You may need to add more flour for a bigger banana)
  • 2/3 cup of flour (I threw a little oat bran in it to make myself feel not as guilty.)
  • 1 teaspoon of baking powder
  • 1 pinch of salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla (I never measure this.  So what if you put more in?)
  • Cinnamon to taste  (Oh, I like the taste.  I will not share how much I put in.  It is best you don't know.)
  • Chocolate chips (I like semi-sweet.  Put in as much as you want, but be aware, it may become too chocolatey.  Heh.  That's so untrue.)
  • A biggish mug

Directions:
Put the tablespoon of butter in the mug and then into the microwave for about 5 seconds to soften it.  Dump in the sugar.  Cream it together with a fork right in the mug (EVERYTHING is done in the mug!  Less mess!).  Break up the ripe banana and throw it in the mug.  Mash and mix the banana with your fork.  Then, add the rest of the ingredients, right in order.  Mix well.

Put it in the microwave for about 1 minute and 20 seconds (You may need to adjust this according to your microwave.  You want it to be fluffy cakey, not rubber chickeny).  I break it up with a fork so it will cool faster.  That means you can eat it faster.  You don't want to eat it cold though.



Well, that is it.  I don't think I forgot anything.  Hmmm. I think I am going to make some right now.  I need to check my directions.  Just to make sure.  Truly.

I will post more later about decor, thrift shopping, and my pinkeep journey.  I have 11 made! :)

Have a wonderful evening, all of you!!!!

Love and Blessings!
The Marm

14 comments:

  1. Hi Heather, I love banana bread, I am not sure I will try this or not because I don't cook at all and don't even have flour in the house! LOL You have a great week my friend!
    Be blessed,
    Cindi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindi,
      Woah. No flour. Well, then, you will just have to come over, and I will make it for you!

      You have a great week as well, dear!!!!!

      Blessings to you!
      Love,
      Heather

      Delete
  2. Mmmm...looks so tasty! Thanks for sharing the recipe Heather! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy,
      Should we call it a recipe or an experiment. I will only call it a true recipe when someone makes it and likes it. Me using our last two ripe bananas to make it twice in one day does not count. Is it wrong to want to buy bananas, let them go south, just to be able to make a dessert which sole intention is to not waste bananas? Hmmm. The logic seems off...

      Hope you are doing well, Wendy my Dear!

      Blessings!
      Heather

      Delete
  3. yummyyyyyyyyyyy
    thank you for the recipe..
    hugs cucki xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cucki,
      I hope it is yummy! You are just too sweet! Hope you are doing well!!!!!

      Hugs back!
      Heather

      Delete
  4. Morning Marm,

    Well?? How was it?
    Sounds yum but everything is pretty much yum to me. hehe
    How was your weekend?
    I can't wait to see the pinkeeps. Your killing me with the wait. hehe
    I spent my weekend crowing and ginger stuffin.
    A beautiful ride for more apples and a lazy day with my Fam yesterday.
    Wonderful!
    And our new Pastor was officially voted in. Yipppeee.
    Hugs Joy & Love
    Granny T

    www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trace,
      "Ginger dudes are keeping me awake!!!!"- Steve will not let that one quit!!!!! Awww, apples and lazy day. Lazy days are important!

      Yea!!!!!!!!! Pastor was voted in! I like the sound of him- sounds like my kind of pastor!!!

      Okay, so yeah. I am nervous about the pinkeep thing. What if it is like the banana cake thing? No one likes it? Ugh. I will post them. Promise. And you'll be honest, right?

      Oh my! I think I am going to use my "Get out of school" note that you made me. Seriously!!!!!

      Well, my dear Granny, here is wishing and praying joy for you!!!!

      Hugs and Love Back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Teach

      Delete
  5. Awww I just went and ate the last over ripe banana! And I went through the same mental angst - should I make banana bread - I love it but as with you I didn't want to clean up so just ate it but thanks for this - next time for sure!

    Have a great week, 'sweet' friend, Cupcake!!!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diana!
      See we are kindred spirits feeling all sorry for poor pathetic bananas! Awwww... When they get really dark, I just can't eat them. Funny though, put some chips and put it in a mug and I will. Just so sad...

      Awww! I'm a cupcake? Yea! I call my students "Cookies". You are sweet too! Always the encourager! I am thinking of you and praying for you too, dear friend!

      A, double "n" + a big "e"

      Delete
  6. yum! i have never had a cup of coffee cake... i might have too! well maybe not!! sounds delish. enjoy your evening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit, Jody, the coffee cake thing has become a MAJOR weakness because it is sooo easy and quick to make AND very little mess! I highly recommend it! The coffee cake one I found on Pintrest!
      Blessings!!!
      Heather

      Delete
  7. Oh yea! I am so excited to try this, I always have those extra bananas and feel bad pitching them but dont have time to always make the banana bread :) I not a big banana fan but love them in baked goods, go figure!
    ~Blessings~
    The Olde Willow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jen,
      I agree! I am not a huge banana fan, but I also love them in baked goods. I love banana chocolate chip pancakes! Yummy!

      Well, I hope this helps with those poor, lonely brown bananas! Let me know what you think or if you needed to adjust it in anyway! :)

      Thank you for stopping by, friend!
      Blessings,
      Heather

      Delete

"Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones." - Proverbs 16:24

Let's chat! Thank you for sharing your thoughts and ideas!