Hi, How'dy, How are ya?

Welcome to "The Country Schoolmarm"! Get yourself a cup of coffee (I take mine strong with vanilla creamer), grab a seat, and chat a while! Isn't that what country friends do? Now, all we need is a porch...

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Morning...

 Morning

by Charles Spurgeon

"I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord."
Philippians 3:8

Spiritual knowledge of Christ will be a personal knowledge. I cannot know Jesus through another person's acquaintance with him. No, I must know him myself; I must know him on my own account. It will be an intelligent knowledge--I must know him, not as the visionary dreams of him, but as the Word reveals him. I must know his natures, divine and human. I must know his offices--his attributes--his works--his shame--his glory. I must meditate upon him until I "comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; and know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge." It will be an affectionate knowledge of him; indeed, if I know him at all, I must love him. An ounce of heart knowledge is worth a ton of head learning. Our knowledge of him will be a satisfying knowledge. When I know my Saviour, my mind will be full to the brim--I shall feel that I have that which my spirit panted after. "This is that bread whereof if a man eat he shall never hunger." At the same time it will be an exciting knowledge; the more I know of my Beloved, the more I shall want to know. The higher I climb the loftier will be the summits which invite my eager footsteps. I shall want the more as I get the more. Like the miser's treasure, my gold will make me covet more. 
To conclude; this knowledge of Christ Jesus will be a most happy one; in fact, so elevating, that sometimes it will completely bear me up above all trials, and doubts, and sorrows; and it will, while I enjoy it, make me something more than "Man that is born of woman, who is of few days, and full of trouble"; for it will fling about me the immortality of the ever living Saviour, and gird me with the golden girdle of his eternal joy. Come, my soul, sit at Jesus's feet and learn of him all this day.


Blessings this Sunday,
Heather

6 comments:

  1. happy sunday deary..
    big hugs cucki xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Cucki!!!!
      Hope you have a wonderful week!!!! Big hugs back!!!

      Blessings,
      Heather

      Delete
  2. Praying you are having a great Lord's day Heather!
    Be blessed,
    Cindi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindi,
      I hope your Sunday was a great one for you! I hope and pray your week is going well!!!

      Blessings to you as well!

      Love,
      Heather

      Delete
  3. God bless you dear friend, today and throughout the week!
    Hugs
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heeeeeeelllllllllloooooooooo, Dear Friend!

      Beautiful post on your blog!!! I thank you for your prayers for me and my class! They mean so much! I hope that you are doing well, and that your week is going well. I am praying for you!!!!

      Hugs right back!
      Heather

      Delete

"Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones." - Proverbs 16:24

Let's chat! Thank you for sharing your thoughts and ideas!