Hi, How'dy, How are ya?

Welcome to "The Country Schoolmarm"! Get yourself a cup of coffee (I take mine strong with vanilla creamer), grab a seat, and chat a while! Isn't that what country friends do? Now, all we need is a porch...

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Catching-Up Saga Episode 1: "Thanksgiving Vignettes"

 Psalm 95:1-6
 Oh come, let us sing to the Lord;
    let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation!
Let us come into his presence with thanksgiving;
    let us make a joyful noise to him with songs of praise!
For the Lord is a great God,
    and a great King above all gods.
In his hand are the depths of the earth;
    the heights of the mountains are his also.
The sea is his, for he made it,
    and his hands formed the dry land.
Oh come, let us worship and bow down;
    let us kneel before the Lord, our Maker!

The table is set...
Flowers for the teacher...

 


 The Gag Reel- "Pie on the Floor"

   Disclaimers and Other Random Facts:
1. The recipe says it should be crumbly. It does!
2. It should really rest overnight.  Ok. So, I forgot about that part.  It rested.  Some.
3. I cleaned the kitchen BEFORE making the pie.
4.  I love making apple pies and always use this recipe. Truly.

My vintage stoneware deep dish pie plate!  It inspires me to make rustic looking pies. My husband's grandpa made the rolling pin.  The plastic ring thing?  Made by China.
Definitely crumbly.  Is the butter in pea-sized chunks?  I guess so... On with the show...
Aww.  Look at the cool tool so my pie crust is juuuussssttt right (read that like The Three Little Bears, please.)...
Ready to put the bottom crust in...
Not too bad.  Need to patch some holes.  Doing good.
Mmmmmm... Apples, cinnamon, and sugar.  I could just stop right here...
Good, okay, doing well...
Wait for it...
Yeah. So. Um.  I think I missed the target.  If you look at the pie in this picture, compared to the previous picture, you can see the cosmetic work that was done.  I DID NOT USE ANY THING FROM THE FLOOR!
It didn't turn out as well as it normally does, but it didn't have any troubles being eaten. And that is what matters.  Unless people would get food poisoning later.  That would matter more.




Praise God from Whom All Blessings Flow!!!

Blessings, Dear Friends!
I hope you all had a blessed Thanksgiving!

Heather


Now onto the next saga...

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones." - Proverbs 16:24

Let's chat! Thank you for sharing your thoughts and ideas!