Hi, How'dy, How are ya?

Welcome to "The Country Schoolmarm"! Get yourself a cup of coffee (I take mine strong with vanilla creamer), grab a seat, and chat a while! Isn't that what country friends do? Now, all we need is a porch...

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Sitting on it...



     So, in the immortal words of Fonzie, "Sit on it!" Well, they are also the words of my husband.  I emailed a picture of my project to my mom.  She loved it (of course).  My husband comes home from work and walks into the kitchen.  I knew he had seen my endeavors because he said, "Well, you have been busy."  I wait silently for a further comment.
     "Did you see the cabinet?" I asked.
     "Yes."
     "Well, what do you think?" I ventured.
     "Um, it's all right (hates it). How about we sit on it a few days and live with it and see what we think."

      Ugh.  I was so excited to show him how cute it was.  But what was I thinking?  A man views a cabinet as utilitarian.  It is a cabinet, therefore it is for storage.  I look at the poorly used cabinet and think, "Oh, I am SOOO taking the doors off that sucker and putting some prims up there!" Well, it has been a few days, and I am not asking what he thinks because I fear the answer.  He would never ask me to take it down.  He always says, "If you like it, then do it." But the purpose of my homemaking is to make our house, not only comfortable for myself and the friends that enter, but for him.  After all, this is his home too.  But, alas, the doors cannot go back up.  I stripped some of the screws getting the doors off.  Oops...

     Here is an addition to my primitive vignette that I added the other day.  I ordered this cute beeswax grungy barn owl on eBay (My one weakness)from Primitive Candle Cupboard.  He is so cute and prim, AND he smells wonderful when I cook at the stove.  I think his black tones fit in well with the other accents, don't you think? I think that I am going to name him "Harold".

I  have bought these additional accents from Primitive Candle Cupboard in the past (actually, I just bought a few more. Shhhhh...)  They all smell wonderful.  I especially love the "Primitive Blessings" flicker candle.  I would hate to light it if it were a regular candle and lose its loveliness! So, it lasts, and it smells like my favorite scent- Maple Syrup (Ok, so two more weaknesses, maple syrup scent and flicker candles.  But, that truly is it, as far as weaknesses!).  There is a story behind the flicker candles, but that is for another day!



No comments:

Post a Comment

"Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones." - Proverbs 16:24

Let's chat! Thank you for sharing your thoughts and ideas!