Hi, How'dy, How are ya?

Welcome to "The Country Schoolmarm"! Get yourself a cup of coffee (I take mine strong with vanilla creamer), grab a seat, and chat a while! Isn't that what country friends do? Now, all we need is a porch...

Sunday, March 17, 2013

God's Rest to You All...



Psalm 23:1-3
"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake."





Matthew 11:28
 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.”





I know so many of you are heavy laden with sick loved ones, sickness yourself, snow that seems to never end, home repair issues, depression and anxieties... I love you all and am trying to pray for you all.  I was thinking of a way of praying for each of you. I was thinking that I could pray for each person after I leave a comment on someone's blog.  Whether they share a need or not, we certainly can all use the prayer.  I need to make this a habit.  I put looking at homes and reading blogs first, and promise to pray, and then get busy with my day.  I am sorry that I have not been consistent with this. I am sorry I have not been consistently visiting your blogs.  You have all been so kind to me with your friendships and visiting me.  I will try to do better.

I am going to try to really make this habit, and would love others to help keep me accountable to do this. Maybe some of you would like to join this? Maybe some of you have habits you do to keep on top of prayer.  

My students and I were talking about "prayer closets".  They asked me if I had one.  I am sorry to say that my "prayer closet", which was our tiny spare room, has become our stash for our stuff when company comes.  So I sit on the couch.  Then hubby comes out and turns the news on in the morning.  I think my stress has been due to this lack of rest that comes from reading God's Word and praying each morning.  

Could you pray for me to clean out that room, make it a "haven of rest", and keep up with the habit of praying and reading God's Word consistently.  Thank you!

I love you all! God bless!
Heather



4 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this post Heather. I too struggle with prayer and "making time" to pray. I try to pray before bed at night and lots of times end up falling asleep. In the mornings, I am busy getting the little one ready for school, etc. I too need a prayer spot and time set for me. It is nice to know I am not the only one who struggles with things like this too. Have a good day my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww such. Sweet post..I pray everyday from my heart..
    Lots of love for you
    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww....of course sweet friend - I will pray for you, as surely as I know you have and will continue to pray for me. I used to have a "prayer spot" too, but found it too confining - as though that was the only place I could pray or it didn't count. So, I've taken to making make-believe prayer closets when needed. ;o) Thank you....from my heart. Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Heather, how sweet to know someone is praying for me. I am just the opposite of you, I pray for people when they leave a comment on my blog but of course also when I read a request. I have a prayer journal that has all on a list and try to get to it everyday but sadly some days I get to busy. Thank God He never is too busy for us huh?
    Be blessed,
    Cindi

    ReplyDelete

"Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones." - Proverbs 16:24

Let's chat! Thank you for sharing your thoughts and ideas!